Filter by Category
Still Births -- Clinical Webinar Series -- August 4, 2021
with Alexandria Betz, DO
Perinatal Outreach Presents
2021 Webinar Series
Clinical Quality Improvement Series
1.Apply evidence informed strategies to care of future pregnant women or newborns.
2.Communicate effectively with families and/or other care team members.
STABLE August 25, 2021 Maine General
with Ann Carroll, BSN, NNP-BC
Wednesday, August 25, 2021
Maine General Hospital
35 Medical Center Parkway
Augusta, ME 04330
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
15 slots available
Registration starts at 7:30 a.m.
All food will be on your own
Topics to Include:
- Discuss issues of patient safety and reduction in the delivery of nursing and medical infant care.
- Identify infants at increased risk for becoming hypothermic.
- Summarize basic evaluation of neonatal respiratory distress.
- Discuss the causes, presentation and initial treatment of hypovolemic, cardiogenic, and septic shock.
- Describe the clinical signs of neonatal sepsis.
- Discuss the crisis that families face when the infant requires care in a neonatal intensive care unit.
You may find it helpful to have a STABLE Program Learner Manual with you during this class.
You may borrow a copy from your facility or purchase one from www.stableprogram.org
Basic Fetal Monitoring, St. Mary's -- August 30, 2021
with Emily Watson, BSN, RN
August 30, 2021
8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
8:00 – 9:30 a.m. Maternal & Fetal Physiology & Control of Fetal Heart Rate
9:30 – 10:00 a.m. Standards of Care
10:00 – 10:15 a.m. Break
10:15 – 11:00 a.m. Use of Technology
11:00 – 11:45 a.m. Uterine Activity & Terminology
11:45 – 12:30 p.m. Lunch
12:30 – 2:00 p.m. Pattern Interpretation, Terminology, Nursing Interventions
2:00 – 2:15 p.m. Break
2:15– 3:15 p.m. Pattern Interpretation, (Continued)
3:15 – 3:45 p.m. Communication
3:45 – 4:00 p.m. Wrap-up & Evaluation
Upon completion of this program participant will be able to:
- Review the basics of fetal oxygenation.
- State the Standard of Care regarding assessment of intrapartal fetal status.
- Define baseline, variability, acceleration, decelerations, and reactivity.
- List appropriate interventions based on pattern interpretation
NRP Update Session August 31, 2021
with Kelley Bowden, MS, RN
NRP Update Session -- August 31, 2021