Filter by Category
Basic Fetal Monitoring, January 26, 2021 through ZOOM
with Emily Watson, BSN, RN
January 26, 2021
8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
8:00 – 9:30 a.m. Maternal & Fetal Physiology & Control of Fetal Heart Rate
9:30 – 10:00 a.m. Standards of Care
10:00 – 10:15 a.m. Break
10:15 – 11:00 a.m. Use of Technology
11:00 – 11:45 a.m. Uterine Activity & Terminology
11:45 – 12:30 p.m. Lunch
12:30 – 2:00 p.m. Pattern Interpretation, Terminology, Nursing Interventions
2:00 – 2:15 p.m. Break
2:15– 3:15 p.m. Pattern Interpretation, (Continued)
3:15 – 3:45 p.m. Communication
3:45 – 4:00 p.m. Wrap-up & Evaluation
Upon completion of this program participant will be able to:
- Review the basics of fetal oxygenation.
- State the Standard of Care regarding assessment of intrapartal fetal status.
- Define baseline, variability, acceleration, decelerations, and reactivity.
- List appropriate interventions based on pattern interpretation
Threshold of Viability Clinical Quality Improvement Series
with Christian Litton, MD
February 3, 2021 -- 12:00-1:00pm
1.Apply evidence informed strategies to care of future pregnant women or newborns.
2.Communicate effectively with families and/or other care team members.
AWHONN POEP Course Modules 6 & 11-- C-section, PACU, Postpartum -- February 10, 2021
with Nicole Goldberg, MSN, RN, CNM
Module 6 – Cesarean Birth and Post Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU)
- Nursing care provided for a cesarean birth in the preoperative, intraoperative and postoperative phases.
- A systematic review of post-anesthesia care unit (PACU) standards and maternal postoperative assessment, potential complications and nursing care recommendations.
- PACU Discharge recovery Scoring Tool
- Potential complications in the immediate post anesthesia care recovery period after cesarean birth.
Module 11 Postpartum Assessment and Nursing Care
- Normal physiologic and psychological changes that occur after birth.
- Normal from abnormal postpartum emotional changes.
- Causes symptoms, and management of potential postpartum complications.
- Expanded content on patient discharge education and POST-BIRTH Discharge Education tool with an emphasis on improving maternal safety.
- Expanded content on postpartum hemorrhage (PPH) including QBL from the PPH Project.