Filter by Category
AWHONN POEP Course Modules 6 & 11-- C-section, PACU, Postpartum -- June 15, 2022
with Sarah Austin, RN, MSN, CNL, C-EFM
Module 6 – Cesarean Birth and Post Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU)
- Nursing care provided for a cesarean birth in the preoperative, intraoperative and postoperative phases.
- A systematic review of post-anesthesia care unit (PACU) standards and maternal postoperative assessment, potential complications and nursing care recommendations.
- PACU Discharge recovery Scoring Tool
- Potential complications in the immediate post anesthesia care recovery period after cesarean birth.
Module 11 Postpartum Assessment and Nursing Care
- Normal physiologic and psychological changes that occur after birth.
- Normal from abnormal postpartum emotional changes.
- Causes symptoms, and management of potential postpartum complications.
- Expanded content on patient discharge education and POST-BIRTH Discharge Education tool with an emphasis on improving maternal safety.
- Expanded content on postpartum hemorrhage (PPH) including QBL from the PPH Project.
AWHONN POEP Course Module 12 -- Normal Newborn -- September 8, 2022--ZOOM
with Ann Boomer, MN, NNP-BC
Newborn Assessment and Nursing Care
- Includes all newborn content including discharge planning
- Updates on newborn skin care and procedural pain management
- Video on newborn physical assessment and reflexes
- Skin-to-skin care, breastfeeding, and infant nutrition
- Infant self-attachment and the breast crawl, sudden postnatal collapse of the newborn, and updates on safe sleep