AWHONN POEP Course Modules 6 & 11-- C-section, PACU, Postpartum -- February 10, 2021
with Nicole Goldberg, MSN, RN, CNM
Module 6 – Cesarean Birth and Post Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU)
- Nursing care provided for a cesarean birth in the preoperative, intraoperative and postoperative phases.
- A systematic review of post-anesthesia care unit (PACU) standards and maternal postoperative assessment, potential complications and nursing care recommendations.
- PACU Discharge recovery Scoring Tool
- Potential complications in the immediate post anesthesia care recovery period after cesarean birth.
Module 11 Postpartum Assessment and Nursing Care
- Normal physiologic and psychological changes that occur after birth.
- Normal from abnormal postpartum emotional changes.
- Causes symptoms, and management of potential postpartum complications.
- Expanded content on patient discharge education and POST-BIRTH Discharge Education tool with an emphasis on improving maternal safety.
- Expanded content on postpartum hemorrhage (PPH) including QBL from the PPH Project.
Session 1: Feb 10th, 2021
Wed from 9:00 am - 4:00 pm