Filter by Category
AWHONN POEP Course Module 12 -- Normal Newborn -- June 9, 2021
with Kelley Bowden, MS, RN
Newborn Assessment and Nursing Care
- Includes all newborn content including discharge planning
- Updates on newborn skin care and procedural pain management
- Video on newborn physical assessment and reflexes
- Skin-to-skin care, breastfeeding, and infant nutrition
- Infant self-attachment and the breast crawl, sudden postnatal collapse of the newborn, and updates on safe sleep
STABLE August 25, 2021 Maine General
Wednesday, August 25, 2021
Maine General Hospital
35 Medical Center Parkway
Augusta, ME 04330
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
15 slots available
Registration starts at 7:30 a.m.
All food will be on your own
Topics to Include:
- Discuss issues of patient safety and reduction in the delivery of nursing and medical infant care.
- Identify infants at increased risk for becoming hypothermic.
- Summarize basic evaluation of neonatal respiratory distress.
- Discuss the causes, presentation and initial treatment of hypovolemic, cardiogenic, and septic shock.
- Describe the clinical signs of neonatal sepsis.
- Discuss the crisis that families face when the infant requires care in a neonatal intensive care unit.
You may find it helpful to have a STABLE Program Learner Manual with you during this class.
You may borrow a copy from your facility or purchase one from www.stableprogram.org